I normally feel like the busiest person in the house. I’m sure your household is the same. Everyone is always looking to us for help as moms, wives, daughters, and business women.
There are always more things to do than hours in the day!
So our workouts need to be fast, effective, and enjoyable. That is where HIIT Training comes in.
What is HIIT?
These workouts are very high intensity. In other words you will be stressing your body out. HIIT requires you to bring it. No phoning it in. You will be required to work very hard to get good results for this type of work out.
You will be aiming for the maximum reps you can complete in a limited amount of time. Rest breaks are short (10-20) seconds so that your heart rate stays elevated during the workout.
So you will be doing a single exercise for all you are worth and then you will regroup and repeat the same steps with a new exercise. The workout will continue in this fashion for ten to twenty minutes and then it will be complete.
These workouts are great for burning calories. Using dumbbells and body weight adds strength to the mix.
Burning calories equals weight loss.
These workouts are great for increasing muscle power which is muscle strength and movement speed.
Using more muscle equals weight loss.
So I’m guessing you probably noticed doing HIIT Style Work Outs really ups your weight loss program.
There are a lot of plyometric exercises like jumping in HIIT training. These types of exercises force bones to adapt to training and get stronger decreasing the risk of osteoporosis.
Stronger bones equal less risk of bone breakage. Wohoo! Broken bones suck.
Remember to listen to your body because HIIT can be tough. So if your body is saying, hey I need a little break, take it and get right back in a soon as you feel able.
Be sure to warm up for 5-10 minutes before starting any work out. Your body has to get ready for an increased amount of physical activity so it’s super important that you warm up your entire body before an intense workout. Cool down for 5-10 minutes after all of your HIIT workouts. This will slow your heart rate down so it returns to the same rate as before you were exercising.
Some things you may want to keep in mind.
• There will be jumping. Some women that have had babies may need to modify some of the exercises depending on the strength of pelvic muscles. If you have bladder leakage don’t make yourself uncomfortable by jumping. It’s not something you should just ignore. There is no need when you can just modify the moves so that you are still getting a great workout but you don’t have to deal with other issues.
• High Intensity workouts make you sweaty and I mean you will really be sparkling. Bring a towel and maybe even a change of clothes. Don’t forget your water bottle either all that talk about sweat; you know you are gonna be thirsty. When I do a 30 minute workout I will go through about 32 ounces of water. So please don’t forget water you don’t want to be concentrating on your tongue feeling like it’s in the middle of a dessert.
• You are going to be so busy concentrating on your exercises you aren’t going to be able to worry about time as well. I suggest investing in an interval timer they do all the work after they are set up! I personally use the GymBoss and recommend it. You can program your interval times, rest, times, and number of rounds you will be doing. It notifies you with a beep as each round starts or finishes. Plus it stays wear you put it!
• On the topic of staying put, pay attention to the gym clothes you wear on HIIT day. Heavy chested ladies may want to test out your sports bra before regretting it once you are mid workout. Picking the perfect bottoms is also a must. Pulling up your pants the whole time will drive you insane. If you don’t regularly do jumping activities in these outfits test them first! Jumping knocks my pants down like no other!
• HIIT workouts are quick but believe me you are getting a great workout even if it doesn’t feel like it drudges on forever.
So are you ready to save time and get fit with high intensity training? Contact me for a customized HIIT plan that is developed just for you and your needs. These plans are made just for you and your goals!
If you are ready to get started but HIIT sounds like torture have a look at Walking for Weight loss.
You got this girl. The moment is yours!